2012年7月15日 星期日

My First Encounter with African Culture - Music and Dance

We all S. 5 students started playing the African Drums in a sunny afternoon. This was an OLE(Other Learning Experience) programme. I love it so much! It was so exciting cos It was the first time I played it.
      The weather was so hot as my passion of playing the African Drums. The drums were delivered to us by the teachers. Also some of us got the sand hammer for beating. Everyone seemed to be excited.

      I can’t wait to play the drum! Finally, I got a drum. I hit on it and the others also did this. OMG! We hit on it all the time. The drums and the sand hammer, also the melody sang by the African teacher mixed together. Our school playground became a concert hall.
  
       The funniest part of today’s programme is the teacher of our school danced. LOL it’s unbelievable that Mr. Tsang danced like that... a monkey! LOL and Mr. Wu danced too. He just likes a panda dancing with sand hammer. LMAO. Some of the teachers were hiding behind the door to escape the invitation. I was invited by the African teach to dance! It’s amazing. I can’t believe that what I’ve done on that day. I followed my classmates and dance following the beat.
     
      How special that play African Drums at school with so many schoolmates. It’s an unforgettable experience for me.
     
      I went to buy an African Drums whit my friend Miffy, and played it at her home with her little sister. The drum was so expensive, it cost me $400, but I like it whatever how much it was.
     
      I surffed in the internet and found more information about how to play the African Drums well. There are some tips and common mistake during play the African Drums. The fingers should curl naturally and only the tips of the fingers should hit the drum. Your fingers should naturally bounce of the skin and we help them along by slightly lifting our hand from the drum immediately after they hit the skin. If you got sore thumbs - You may be play too far to the centre of the drum.
      The next day went I back to school. I heard that some of my classmates were still singing the song we sang on that day...


5 則留言:

  1. I think teacher danced very freaky too XD Actually we danced odd too. In that day , I also felt happy:)

    回覆刪除
  2. Summer to summer~~~~~I felt really excited!This is the first time I had seen the black people!He is so cool!I hope we have other special activity next time:)

    回覆刪除
  3. Haha! yes i also agreed that the part of our teachers danced was quite unbelievable and funny! I would love to see them perform again hehe! xP

    回覆刪除
  4. I think the activity very interesting and funny.I enjoy that activity.

    回覆刪除
  5. I look forward to the arrival of the next activity.I will never forget this activity because it made me exciting.

    回覆刪除